According to the study by Cisco both B2C and B2B applications contribute to the growth of cloud services. While with consumer video streams, social networks and Internet search to the most popular cloud-based apps are dominate in any enterprise ERP, collaboration and analysis solutions.
The forecast from Cisco Traffic in the amount of 19.5 zettabytes (ZB) in the year correspond to an increase of 6.0 ZB compared to 2016 and the 3.3 times with an annual growth rate of 27 percent. More numbers: In three years, the cloud traffic will account for 95 percent of all traffic, compared to 88 percent in 2016, as Cisco.
IoT and security as a growth driver
The increasing IoT applications such as intelligent cars, smart cities, connected healthcare and digital supply require highly scalable server and storage solutions to meet the new and expanded requirements for data centers. 2021 there will be 13.7 billion IoT connections, compared to 5.8 billion in 2016, according to the study.
In the past, security concerns posed a greater obstacle to cloud adoption. Improvements in the management of data centers and data control reduce the risk for businesses and protect customer information better. New security features in conjunction with concrete benefits cloud computing such as scalability and efficiency play an important role for cloud growth.
Hyperscale data centers doubled
The increasing demand for data center and cloud capacity has led to the development of highly scaled public clouds based on Hyperscale data centers. The Cisco study predicts that there will be 2021 628 Hyperscale data centers worldwide (2016 figure was 338). That’s almost a doubling.
Other predictions: located in three years in Hyperscale data center
53 percent of all server data center (2016: 27 percent)
69 percent of the computing power of data centers (2016: 41 percent)
65 percent of the stored data from data centers (2016: 51 percent)
55 percent of all traffic data center (2016: 39 percent)
“The growth of data center applications is exploding in this new multi-cloud world,” says Petra Schmietendorf, Director Software and Cloud at Cisco Germany. “The predicted increase requires further innovation, particularly in the areas of public, private and hybrid clouds.”
Other findings from the Cisco Global Cloud Index
2021 are processed 94 percent of workloads and server instances in cloud data centers, and the remaining 6 percent in conventional data centers.
All workloads and server instances in data centers will be from 2016 to 2021 more than doubled (2.3-fold), cloud-based workloads and server instances are almost triple over the same period (by 2.7 times ).
The density of workloads and server instances in cloud data centers was in 2016 at 8.8 and rising in 2021 to 13.2. In conventional data centers, the density increases in the same period of 2.4 to 3.8.
Big Data and IoT drive data explosion ahead: Worldwide, the amount of data stored in data centers is almost fivefold, from 286 exabytes (EB) in 2016 to 1.3 ZB 2021 (to 4.6 times with an annual growth of 36%) ,
The area Big Data will grow by almost 8 times, from 25 to 403 EB. He then covers 30 percent of all data stored in data centers in 2021, compared to 18 percent in 2016.
The amount of data stored on devices will be in 2021 4.5 times higher at 5.9 For example, when the data stored in the data center data.
Primarily due to the IoT, the total amount of generated data (which is not necessarily stored) reach 847 ZB 2021 2016 were 218 ZB. So about 100 times more data is generated as saved.
Applications contribute to data growth in
2021 is Big Data for 20 percent (02/05 For example, each year, 209 EB monthly) traffic to be responsible in data centers, compared with 12 percent (593 EB annually, 49 EB monthly) 2016
2021 Video Streaming for 10 percent to be responsible of the data traffic in the data center, compared with 9 percent in 2016.
2021 video will be responsible for 85 percent of the data traffic from data centers to users, compared with 78 percent of the 2016th
2021 will be responsible in data centers, the Internet search for 20 percent of the data traffic, compared with 28 percent in 2016.
2021 social networks for 22 percent of the data traffic will be responsible in data centers, compared with 20 percent in 2016.
Last predicts Cisco then that SaaS in 2021 the most popular cloud service model will be called, and in this context more numbers:
2021, 75 percent (402 million) are all cloud workloads and server instances to be SaaS-based, compared to 71 percent (141 million) in 2016 (23% annual growth rate).
2021 16 percent (85 million) are all cloud workloads and server instances be IaaS-based, compared to 21 percent (42 million) in 2016 (15% annual growth rate).
2021 9 percent (46 million) of all cloud workloads and server instances will be PaaS-based, compared to 8 percent (16 million) in 2016 (23% annual growth rate).